Eight ridiculous things said about Thuli
Public Protector Thuli MAdonsela investigated President Jacob Zuma’s presidential home, Nkandla, and presented a report to Zuma and the National Assembly in 2014. Soon she was heavily criticised by ANC and Zuma supporters.
Madonsela was today vindicated however, following the Constitutional Court judgment on Nkandla that declared her report findings and recommendations binding.
Here’s a list of just eight of the most outrageous statements made by ANC members about Madonsela and her report on Nkandla.
- “Madonsela must finish up with this Nkandla mess then go.
She is arrogant ...
She does not deserve our attention. We don’t have time to engage with her.”
– ANC youth league national convenor Mzwandile Masina
- Soon after Madonsela released her Nkandla report, the ANC youth league held a media briefing at Luthuli House and said that they have noted Madonsela’s report with “sheer disgust”. Masina continued to say that Madonsela had no authority and was not competent to speak on security issues.
- “The fundamental issues in the public protector’s report were incoherent with what we have seen. We can come to the conclusion that the report was not sound.” - ANC MP Mmamoloko Kubayi.
- “It’s important to highlight that she [Madonsela] does not order the National Assembly to do anything. ”
– Advocate Lindi Nkosi-Thomas
- “We should not, and cannot, apologise when we say the report of the public protector is misleading and has misled the nation.”
– ANC MP Mathole Motshekga
- “The report has misled the country. It has misled South Africans and tarnished the image of our government and the credibility of our government.”
– ANC MP Thandi Mahambehlala
- Mahambehlala objected to Madonsela appearing in front of the Nkandla adhoc committee saying that she did not submit her report to Parliament because Madonsela governs herself.
- “The Public Protector is behaving like the DA”
– ANC MP Bongani Bonga