M&G Vacancy: Online Night Editor
Are you up to the challenge of working for the continent’s premier investigative brand, while helping us lead the way in the online space?
Take a look at our job requirements and once you have your CV and covering letter ready - convincing us why you love news, subbing and online media - send us your job application.
• Oversee final preparations for the next morning’s digital edition
• Edit agency or original articles and other content for style, spelling, grammar and sense
• Craft headlines, blurbs and captions
• Publish articles and pictures using the M&G Online content management system
• Write or cobble stories for the M&G Online should urgent news break at night.
• Oversee and mentor junior staff and interns
• Be able to work the night shift from 2pm to 10pm Monday - Friday (may require a half shift on Friday, and a half shift on Sunday)
Qualifications & Experience
• Appropriate post-matric qualification
• Online sub-editing or newsroom experience would be a great advantage
• Knowledge of media law and ethics
• First-class English language skills
• A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
• Basic knowledge of social media output
• Strong sub-editing skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply the M&G’s style
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
• Able to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical ability
• A lateral thinker
• Night owl
• A high degree of self-management
• Sound judgement
• Team player
The appointment will be done in line with the M&G Media Ltd Employment Equity Policy and the remuneration will commensurate with the position. Applicants must be based in or willing to relocate to Johannesburg. Closing date for applications is May 24.
Applications should be addressed to Agness Jura-Ganje.
Email address:[email protected]