SuperSport is today expected to release the results of the independent review into the Ashwin Willemse incident.
The former Springbok wing walked off of set last month after accusing co-hosts Nick Mallett and Naas Botha of patronising him. After initially denying there was significant animosity between them, the broadcaster announced that all three would be pulled off the air while an independent mediator looks into the issue.
According to Sport24, Mallet and Botha have given testimony towards the probe but Willemse himself is yet to do so.
The saga began after the Lions Super Rugby win over the Brumbies on May 19. Willemse said live on air that he could “not work with people who undermine other people”.
“I’ve been in the game for a long time like most of us here‚” Willemse told Mallet and Botha. “As a player‚ I’ve been called a quota for a long time and I’ve worked very hard to earn the respect I have now. I’m not going to sit here and be patronised by these two individuals who played their rugby during the apartheid era‚ a segregated era.”
Advocate Vincent Maleka was elected to chair the review and his findings and recommendations are expected to be delivered at the Multichoice offices in Randburg at 3pm.