Even a person who has not ‘instrumentally’ been involved can now be tried for the crime
Gender-based violence is escalating as the social crisis deepens. Some activists want a special council for survivors
Marchillino Ambraal explains why he refuses to drop charges against the gang members who have been terrorising the community in which he lives.
When people can’t get to healthcare, healthcare needs get to them.
Just 340 guilty verdicts from 3952cases: a new study shows how the dreadful reality of how the system is failing victims of this ‘priority crime’
A new study shows the dreadful reality of how the criminal justice system is failing victims of this ‘priority crime’ in SA.
A rape survivor receives no help from local police and lives in fear in her Diepsloot home.
Kwaito musician Brickz, who is accused of raping a teenage girl in March and has been in custody since his arrest on November 1, has been denied bail.
It is now 19 years later, and those found breaking the law are mostly under 30. So, in which way did apartheid play a role?
The two men accused of killing Bredasdorp teenager Anene Booysen must not be granted bail, says Women and Children Minister Lulama Xingwana.
Five men pleaded not guilty after being indicted in a special court on charges of rape and murder, in the gang rape of a woman on a New Delhi bus.
A gang of men who savagely raped and beat a woman on a bus in New Delhi tried to run her over after the attack that left her fatally injured.
It is an atypical argument for a gender activist to make – that the police must put more effort into investigating cases of stranger rape.
ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema on Monday paid a R50 000 fine for his "nice time" remark about a woman who claimed she had been raped.
The charges of consensual sexual penetration against three Jules High School pupils were provisionally withdrawn, the <em>Star</em> reported.
Executive director of Gender Links attempts to explain the difference between sex and rape in South African society.
The investigation into the alleged rape of a Johannesburg schoolgirl by two boys, age 14 and 16, is continuing, the Gauteng police said on Wednesday.
Charges against two boys who allegedly drugged and raped a Johannesburg school have been dropped due to a lack of evidence.