To enjoy the full Mail & Guardian online experience: please upgrade your browser
Gareth Jones, Lidia Kelly11 Apr 2010 08:14
Rumours surrounding the death of Eugene Terre’Blanche continued to swirl on Sunday as a media report said sodomy “sparked the murder” of the AWB leader.
The Sunday Times reported that a lawyer acting for one of the farm workers accused of killing Terre’Blanche claims the AWB leader tried to sodomise him.
Mahlangu is accused along with a 15-year-old boy—who cannot be named—of the murder of Terre’Blanche.
Police on Saturday denied that a used condom was found at the murder scene.
Special report: Eugene Terre’Blanche
Photo gallery: Terre’Blanche murder shakes South Africa “It is a false allegation,” North West police spokesperson Captain Adele Myburgh said, responding to an earlier report in the Saturday Star.
Myburgh said police had no intention of “misleading” anyone about any facts in the case.
“I’m prepared to put my neck in a guillotine and you can have a go at it if I have been lying.”
She also said she had heard reports that the post mortem report had been leaked to the media.
Moroko told the Sunday Times his client’s defence would be that the attack on Terre’Blanche was triggered by sodomy.
The suspects are expected to appear in the Ventersdorp Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday for a formal bail application.
Create Account | Lost Your Password?