Here are some questions to ask when evaluating the estate agencies on your shortlist.
- Does the agency specialise in your geographical area and have a view of new developments and other factors that could affect property sales and pricing there?
- Does the agency have experience in selling the same type and value properties as yours?
- Does the agency have insight into the mindset and culture of the typical buyer in your area?
- Does the agency have computer access to property records?
- Does the agency have access to local and international listings?
- Does the agency have a professional marketing and public relations department?
Once you have settled on an agency, you’ll need to interview some of the agents to find your match. The right match is someone who:
.Most importantly, there should be rapport between you and the agent. If there isn’t, a positive and productive relationship will not develop.
Read more news, blogs, tips and Q&As in our Smart Money section. Post questions on the site for independent and researched information.