In an effort to get South Africans more acquainted with the Democratic Alliance’s new leader, Mmusi Maimane, the party hosted a Twitter question and answer session. Tweeps were invited to ask Maimane questions about himself as well as his vision for the country.
Well … that’s what it was supposed to be and, fair enough, there were quite a few relevant questions that related to Maimane’s outlook and objectives as leader of the official opposition. But, mostly, Twitter was quick to pull the trigger and insist that Maimane answer more … pressing questions.
Twitter has no chill. Needless to say, hilarity unfolded. Let’s take a look.
1. You know nothing Mmusi Maimane, unless you know the answer to this:
#AskMmusi is Jon Snow dead?
— Tarryn. (@tarryn_occam) May 13, 2015
2. Do you have a doppelgänger?
— Thabenoit (@Sir_TM) May 13, 2015
3. How well do you know your music?
— Mooks (@MooketsiLekoma) May 13, 2015
4. Inside information please?
— Xhanti Mtulu (@xhantimtulu) May 13, 2015
5. We really want to know …
— Maps Maponyane (@MapsMaponyane) May 13, 2015
6. And about that Friends question … Were they really on a break?
Was Ross guilty of cheating even though they were on a break? #AskMmusi
— Jax (@jackfroot) May 13, 2015
7. And what about that chicken thing?
Do you grind chicken bones and put them in a neat pile on the side of your plate in front of white folk? #AskMmusi
— Nomfundo Engler (@NomfundoEngler) May 13, 2015
8. Just wondering if you had the answer to this one, too?
— IG: RobForbesDJ (@RobForbesDJ) May 13, 2015
9. And, ultimately, the only answer that really matters:
— Tendai Joe (@Tendaijoe) May 13, 2015
But let’s give credit where credit is due. The DA chief was a really good sport and took all of it in his stride.
— Mmusi Maimane (@MmusiMaimane) May 13, 2015