Bomb scare at ANC headquarters

About 60 people were evacuated from the African National Congress (ANC) headquarters, Luthuli House in Sauer Street in Johannesburg, following a bomb scare that was received on Thursday morning.

”The switchboard received the bomb scare at 8am this morning … everyone in the building was then immediately evacuated,” said ANC spokesperson Steyn Speed.

The police later declared Luthuli House safe following the bomb scare.

”Members of the bomb squad have declared the building safe, and work will continue as normal,” said Speed.

The metro police also opened two streets in the area that had been cordoned off. — Sapa

We make it make sense

If this story helped you navigate your world, subscribe to the M&G today for just R30 for the first three months

Subscribers get access to all our best journalism, subscriber-only newsletters, events and a weekly cryptic crossword.”

Related stories

WELCOME TO YOUR M&G

Already a subscriber? Sign in here

Advertising

Latest stories

Hlophe accuses high court of trying to rewrite the law

The court deviated impermissibly from the constitution to sanctify the composition of the Judicial Service Commission when it found that he should face impeachment for gross misconduct, the Western Cape judge president argued in an application for leave to appeal

Boehly’s Chelsea takeover puts US tycoon in spotlight

The American has grand ambitions for the west London club as he targets sustained success on the pitch and financial growth off it.

‘Myths’ are keeping township residents from sterilising pets

The Mdzananda Animal Clinic in Khayelitsha wants to increase the number of pets getting sterilised to curb overpopulation.

We need to declare a state of emergency on policing

Never was the saying ‘Who will guard the guardians?’ more appropriate than at the present
Advertising

press releases

Loading latest Press Releases…
×