Seacom has pledged R100-million in additional infrastructure in SA to meet the continuous growth in demand for broadband services and applications.
An autopsy conducted on British singer Amy Winehouse has failed to determine how she died. Further results are due in about a month, police say.
SA is aiming to increase the number of foreign tourist arrivals from seven-million in 2009 to 15-million by 2020, says Marthinus van Schalkwyk.
Anglo American Platinum’s indigenisation proposal hasn’t received a rejection notice from the Zimbabwean government, the company has said.
The world’s top atom-smashers have found tantalising hints that the long-sought Higgs boson particle truly exists, with proof "likely by late 2012".
Charl Schwartzel has reached a career-high ninth in the latest world golf rankings after an impressive show at the RBC Canadian Open last week.
The suspect behind the twin massacres in Norway claims to have created a network capable of spreading terror in a "crusade" against immigration.
Request for expressions of interest: Acquisition of a co-ownership interest in Berth 6 loading facility, Island View, Port of Durban
Consulting services for design and supervision of the rehabilitation of the Nyenye – Mapoteng – Makhoroana road
(37 km).
Project ID No.:–P119443
Consultative process on the establishment of a registration authority for environmental assessment practitioners in South Africa
Government is trying to toughen conditions rather than overturn the Competition Tribunal’s decision on the Walmart-Massmart deal, media reports say.
In a unique encounter, five of SA’s greatest writers and artists will talk about how memory — or nostalgia — shapes their creative process.
Zimbabwe’s NoViolet Bulawayo has won the 2011 Caine Prize for African Writing, described as Africa’s leading literary award.
SA have failed to capitalise on multiple scoring opportunities, eventually going down 3-1 to Belgium in the third and final women’s hockey Test.
It is a pity that the response from the chief executive of SANParks to an unbecomingly racist letter in the local press led to the Kruger row.
Editor of <i>The Star</i> and <i>Saturday Star</i> responds to an article, readers weigh in on the public protector, teachers unions and more.
Morgan Tsvangirai has come forward with suggestions that the MDC could overthrow the ruling Zanu-PF in Zimbabwe ahead of possible polls.
The Lions romped home with a first-half try fest to secure a thumping 49-11 Currie Cup victory over Griquas in Kimberley on Saturday.
The hotel maid who accused former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn of attempting to rape her said he appeared as a "crazy man".
Cosatu on Sunday called for an investigation into the financial affairs of ANC Youth League president Julius Malema.
Parliament resumes its deliberations on the Protection of Information Bill on Monday with pressure on the ruling party to go beyond its concessions.
Divers pulled five more bodies from a tourist boat that sank in the Volga River two weeks ago, raising the death toll to 119.
A family trust of which ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema is the trustee may explain how he has been bankrolling his lifestyle.
Not far from of Elverum, 130km north of Oslo, a cluster of buildings, white and red, sits under a low mountain ridge at the end of a dirt track.
Public Works Minister Gwen Mahlangu-Nkabinde’s blunders in the police lease scandal could cost taxpayers more than R1-billion.
ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema has failed in his application to prevent <i>City Press</i> from publishing details of a trust fund.
Petrol sector talks have reached a deadlock, the National Petroleum Employers’ Association said on Saturday.
Australia, inspired by Will Genia and Quade Cooper, ran in five tries to open their Tri-Nations campaign with a 39-20 thumping of South Africa.
An assailant who shot dead at least 84 people at a youth camp of Norway’s ruling party turned a "youth paradise into a hell".
The gunman who allegedly killed more than 80 people in Norway on Friday has been named as Anders Behring Breivik.
The National Petroleum Employers’ Association denied walking out of wage talks on Friday. "We are still here," said spokesperson Mxolisi Ratsibe.
A three-day protest near Blackpool this September has been planned to mobilise activists against hydraulic fracturing projects.